We bring the FAST and laughs to pharmacy.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

I feel like a slacker.

I just finished a week's vacation where I didn't do ANYTHING useful, really. I don't feel too bad about it - it's my first real vacation in at least a year. I went to Boston on someone else's dime, and got to be That Patient - I called my doctor's office after a couple of nights there, requesting just 3 or 4 Ambien for my trip. The doctor was out for the day, no big deal.

I show up at the requested pharmacy the next day expecting a prescription. Nothing.

It shows up 2 days after my request, so now I feel like a dick for hounding these guys. And I look like a shady fellow on top of everything - some weird out of town dude getting 30 Ambien.

It turns out it was so late in my vacation, that by the time I got it, I only had two nights left - one of which was spent eating and drinking so much that I didn't need it, and the second involved me not taking one because I was already slated for less than 5 hours of sleep due to an early morning flight home.

Now I've got a bottleful of Ambien, my vacation is over, and I'm terribly sad. It's back to the grind tomorrow! :/

--Fries With That

3 comments:

Filet-o-bitch RPh said...

Back to the grind for me too. Ugh. Why, Lord,
why? Oh yeah bc I make big bucks. sigh of happiness

DenaliDriveThruPharmD said...

It's a great thing that you didn't mix alcohol with Ambien. We're hearing of more and more walking blackouts, worse than with benzos. Sounds like you had a good time anyway,though!

Big 'N Tasty RPH said...

I still don't trust a pill that can cause sleep walking, sleep driving, and there is even a case where a man says he sleep raped a woman.....sounds like something I don't want any part of...