We bring the FAST and laughs to pharmacy.

Monday, March 22, 2010

The Darwin/Murphy Effect


The following funny sort of parrallels what happened at my store last week: a young woman walks in with a written Rx for Demerol 100mg/ml-3xday.

Hmmmmmm. OK.

I asked her if this is going to be cash or insurance (with my tech dialing the Dr's office). Out of the blue, the "prescribing physician" walks up to the counter with some sundry items, completely unaware of the scene unfolding in front of him in line. He overhears his name and waves to the tech on the phone, which draws the attention of the customer, who turns around and sees the Doctor who's pad she had stolen, and promptly emptied her bladder all over herself, as well as my clean floor.

Of course it was good for a laugh a while later.




A young man walks into a drugstore to buy condoms. The pharmacist says the condoms come in packs of 3, 9 or 12 and asks which the young man wants.

"Well," the customer replies, "I've been seeing this girl for a while, and she's really hot. I want the condoms because I think tonight's 'the night'. We're having dinner with her parents, and then we're going out. I've got a feeling I'm gonna get lucky after that. Once she's had me, she'll want me all the time, so you'd better give me the 12 pack." The young man makes his purchase and leaves, excited.

Later that evening, he sits down to dinner with his girlfriend and her parents. He asks if he might give the blessing, and they agree. He begins the prayer and continues praying for several minutes. The girl leans over and says, "You never told me that you were such a religious person."

He leans over to her and whispers, "You never told me that your father is a pharmacist."

3 comments:

was1 said...

ahh... brings back memories of the 1st time I bought condoms. of course back then, they kept them behind the counter so you had to ask for them. well, I wasn't ready for the question the pharmacist asked me... "what size?" well, being a red-blooded american male, I gave the only acceptable answer... "LARGE". I walked out with a box of 36 rubbers when a 3 pack would have been plenty. oh, well... live 'n learn.

Big 'N Tasty RPH said...

I can't even count with all my fingers and toes the number of physicians with "stoled rx blanks" notations on their office listing in the computer. It seems that now all physicians have to have rx pads handcuffed to their arm to prevent this from happening....what a pain in the ass for all medical professionals...

Cheap&Sweet: Life on the scales said...

That was way too funny!