We bring the FAST and laughs to pharmacy.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Spring Fun

Hello! This is our first post, so please excuse us if it's not as polished as some.

We're in a rural community on the edge of the plains, with a drive-thru window borrowed/stolen from Burger Doodle...that faces the wind. It's especially entertaining when (like today) the North wind sweeps down with snow, coating everything-money, prescriptions, and one side of our faces-with slushy white stuff. The wind/rain/snow also brings out the secret chatty side of folks, who seem to love watching our teeth chatter and noses turn blue while asking question after question.

Just today, we got a classic phone call, a gentleman looking for syringes. "What size?" was met with an, "I don't know, 23?" for what volume..."the usual?" and the kicker question, "What are you using them for?" (Innocently meant, as we do quite a bit of veterinary work...) you guessed it! "I don't have to tell you that, do I? It's not required." Turns out, all we have are horse needles in that size. So sad.

So stay tuned for more adventures from the plains and the next chapter in the Hidden Hazards of Pharmacy series.

Burger Doodle Chicks

5 comments:

Drive Thru Wench, CPhT said...

Don't you love the syringe seekers? "The usual"? Yep, the usual, loser.

Grumpy, M.D. said...

I, uh, use them for macrame'.

Big 'N Tasty RPH said...

My dog Snoopy had diavetes, can I get some of them needles?

Anonymous said...

I had someone ask me for 9 gauge insulin syringes the other day...I rolled my eyes hard enough for them to see...i didn't care!.....We know what your using it for especially if you don't know the size...Don't tell me a stupid story, just let me get on with my day!

Burger Doodle Chicks said...

I want either honesty, or at least well-thought out creativity, is that asking too much? Wait...never mind.