We bring the FAST and laughs to pharmacy.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hay everyone out there!

You'll have to be patient with me - I've never used Blogger software before, although I assume I can figger it out.

Before I start making posts with the meat and potatoes of my pharmacy-related posts, I thought I'd do a little bit of introducing myself. I'm a (mostly) male, twenty-something pharmacy tech for a chain pharmacy, who's a little bitter about not getting into pharmacy school. (Long story there, I'll apply again next year, no big deal).

Most of the things I complain about are completely minor things, like the lack of lemonade in our house tonight to mix with my sweet tea vodka. I'm good at improvising though, like my use of ice instead. I call it problem-solving.

I work in a store where, for some reason, we only need two full-time pharmacists, one part-timer, and then a couple of floaters a week, at least. I shouldn't bitch, we have (not counting lunches) a full 7 hours of pharmacist overlap. It keeps things new and interesting as far as relationships with pharmacists go - I've always been interested in the dynamic between techs and pharmacists that develops over time, I'll have to add that to the list of topics to cheat an entire post out of later.

Anyway, I thought I'd keep things lighthearted and friendly for my first post - we'll see how things progress from there. Expect lots of parentheses, and the occasional list.

Toodles!

(does Blogger sign my posts automatically for me?)

(It turns out that it does not.)

--Fries with That

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hay is for horses, but welcome anyway. Hope you enjoy it here.

Just before Christmas I saw a ladies' razor as a bonus on a 16-pack of AA batteries by the checkout at my local chain drugstore. I'm still baffled for a polite explanation of that product pairing, but the not-so-polite explanations I came up with made me giggle like an idiot.

Cody said...

Good to see a tech on board. Pharmacists' problems are always fun to read about, but techs can have an entirely different list.

Phathead said...

The whole application process in general is enough to pull your hair out. I feel your pain.

Filet-o-bitch RPh said...

Cody-good point! I am very excited to have techs on board blogging. It would definitely give me some perspective as to what the techs are thinking.

Frantic Pharmacist said...

Welcome to the pharmacy blogosphere!

Big 'N Tasty RPH said...

At this point I am just happy to take a back seat and let someone else do some writing...

Filet-o-bitch RPh said...

Oh Big and Tasty-you are so good at it!!

Anonymous said...

MmMmMmMmmmMMM Sweet Tea Vodka and Lemonade.... great choice. It is definately one of my top choices after a long day of work or classes :)