We bring the FAST and laughs to pharmacy.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Intro Post!

Hi, I'm Drive Thru Wench!
A few points about myself-
I'm a technician, have been for almost 8 years, which cracks me up. I cruised into the store that I work at one day, looking for a part time gig that was close to my house, and now I'm our head tech. Turns out I'm a pharmacy geek and my only regret is that I discovered this at 22 and not in school, where I could have actually went to pharmacy school. I work for a big corporate pharmacy, which has good and bad points (it's so great never having to figure reimbursements or AWP, my nifty system does that for me, but it's bad having boss upon boss upon boss). We're considered a bad store, because of our depressed, mostly ethnic neighborhood and because we're the Medicaid store. I happen to love our store and our pharmacy team rocks! Still, we have our share of crackheads. Did I mention I hate crackheads? Because I do, a lot. I'm sure you're familiar with the excuses, and the "I need one pack of 1 cc syringes, for my grandma" while visibly twitching. Oh man do I hate the crackheads!
So, long story short, tech, ranty, hates crackheads. I will have plenty of stories to share, believe me.

5 comments:

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Don't we all hate crackheads? I mean, I don't see a lot of "I love crackheads!" posts or bumper stickers?

Filet-o-bitch RPh said...

Welcome!! Can't wait to hear the stories. :)

Cody said...

I also work for a chain, in a nicer area, but we're about 5 minutes away from a "ghetto", and it's our closest sister-store. When we're out of anything, we ask the patient if they want us to transfer to a nearby store, and often suggest the "ghetto" store. About half are fine with it and don't think twice, the other half get this horrified look and go "Oh, not THERE! What's the next closest store?" Even though the next closest store is 15-20 minutes away, further into the nice part of town, they'll gladly transfer it there. People are funny....can't wait for stories!

Big 'N Tasty RPH said...

I LOVE ghetto stores because the patients are very dramatic, zealously religious, mentally unstable from years of poverty, and are full of fashion don'ts! So many stories, so little time...

Megan Santas said...

It's never too late to go to pharmacy school - I'm in pharmacy school now and several of my classmates are in their 30s or higher. Just saying - you're never too old to learn! Plus a lot of years of pharmacy experience give you a little bit of an edge in class :) I had almost 3 years going in.