We bring the FAST and laughs to pharmacy.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Love At First Sight




Bayer, I was lovestruck with this new glucometer. Small, easy to use, and for the tech savvy diabetic a dream come true.

Yes kids, this glucometer is also a USB drive that stores all of your testing data and comes with software that charts your data so you get a visual representation of your glucose control. You can also print out the readings and charts to take with you for doctor office visits.

I don't know about you but I prefer to see a picture rather than just a bunch of numbers on a page. For many, visual references give an easier interpretation of data points. It is like giving a patient that "Aha!" moment so they better understand what is going on inside their body.

It would make a great gift...hint hint...

Enjoy the Valentine's season and remember if you have to have chocolate go for the sugar free!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw an ad for that in one of the pharmacy nerd magazine and was like OMGAH AWESOME!!!11oneoen. Then I felt like a total nerd when everyone was like "what?!" and I had to show them I was talking about a glucose meter. *sigh*

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds that totally awesome. I want one and I'm not even diabetic. It's USB for crying out loud!

SuzieQ said...

I made my diabetic mother buy one so I could play with it - it is absolutely awesome!! I love that you can denote how long after a meal you took your levels, how you feel ect. Two thumbs up from this PharmD.

Big 'N Tasty RPH said...

I must say it may steal the title "Best thing since sliced bread".