We bring the FAST and laughs to pharmacy.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Bad Doctors

Perhaps it is the hormones speaking, but I have just had it with doctors today. First script problem today, a doctor wrote for Macrobid 200mg. Three phone calls put on hold for around 20 minutes by the office and finally received a call back to clarify that is in fact Macrobid 100mg. Duh.


Second issue was with a doctor who either wrote the quantity wrong or the directions and his office number at the hospital goes straight to voice mail. After three attempts I call the main desk to have him paged. Do you know what the genius of all doctors says to me? Is there a direct line because he doesn't like to push buttons and usually won't even bother calling a pharmacy back. SERIOUSLY? Is he kidding? Nope, so I didn't hold back and let him know it is the same thing as calling his office number and not being able to speak to a human over his inability to write a script right.


ARGHHHHH!

6 comments:

Burger Doodle Chicks said...

Maybe it is hormones, but if so, it's widespread. I'd much rather blame it on the phase of the moon, waxing onto its full, crazy self.

My fave today has been the doc's pharm tech (yes, not an MA, he has a dispensary with his very own pharm tech, who, unfortunately for the profession, can't reason his way out of a paper bag) having a pt on the phone, but not telling them anything, then calling *me* to say he won't fill their refill, and refusing to actually talk to the patient about it at all!

Diet Coke is not cutting it, gonna have to pull out the emergency chocolate!

McFury CPhT said...

This was after I had a patient ask if he could use his insurance to pay for some random little girls prescription. Yeah sure, do you want me to add on a pizza, too?

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Glad you didn't hold back. He deserved it.

Anonymous said...

I love the doctors that get mad for waiting on hold when they call you. One day last week I spent 45 minutes on the phone tracking down a doctor. Time spent speaking to the actual doctor - 3 seconds.
and to top it off, I had to pee the entire time.

Big 'N Tasty RPH said...

I don't even usually have hormones or lack of sex to blame I am just a royal beotch and will not hesitate to put the smack down on somebody who rightfully deserves it!

lorelle edwards said...

LOL! Makes you wonder how the made it in med school at all uh?