We bring the FAST and laughs to pharmacy.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Raise Your Lighters!


I will raise my lighter and hold it high until I burn my little fingers as an offering to the hair band gods to help the medical personnel do their very best to get Bret Michaels and his weave back in touring shape. He suffered a brain hemorrhage a few days ago and has been in intensive care ever since.

I hearken back to the days of my youth when I had all Poison's albums and saw them in concert several times. I even had a friend go with me to see Poison on their reunion tour a few years ago. He made me promise not to tell anyone at work that he was dancing and singing along but I did anyway. It was a good time. What is the point of having a good time if you can't brag about it?

I am also pulling for Bret because his devotion to Diabetes awareness and research has been a lifelong endeavor as he is an insulin dependent diabetic. He has done many things publicly to promote and raise funds for a good cause. I am also endeared by his poor reality show dating choices as they make me feel not so bad about my own. How can you not adore someone who is so shameless, so selfless, and so damn entertaining?

So let's all pull for Bret in the hopes that he will be entertaining us and educating the public for years to come!


Update 4/14/2010: Bret Michaels is in physical therapy and hopes to be back on tour in a few weeks. Yay!

No comments: