We bring the FAST and laughs to pharmacy.

Monday, April 7, 2008

Weekend Recap

"Woo hoo!" to another weekend in the trenches at McDruggie's. It has been a fun filled romp full of "Where's the soap?" and "Do you sell eggs?". For a moment I imagined myself as Apu from the Quickie Mart on The Simpsons. I had to bite my tongue to not say "Thank you, come again.." and "Don't stick your face in the squishie machine!"

It continued with an onslaught of junkies looking for a roxicodone fix. I am not touching an rx from a doctor who was fired from a rehab clinic and fined by the state for writing roxicodone rxs out of his house. Oh, and neither did the 6 other 24-hour pharmacies she went to. Then she called Sunday night thinking she would get a different pharmacist.....nope, still the evil drug-nazi that isn't filling that rx. Another guy tried the same thing with another md that was the previously mentioned md's partner at the rehab clinic. He was also removed from the rehab clinic for the same reason. I didn't even bother to see if he had been fined I was just not in a mood to play games.

Then it was back to my lady liberty give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to be free (from illness and the emergency room) daily routine. It is those moments that make my six years of higher education worth the payments I am still making. I am satisfied when I can help children, the elderly, people who are seriously feeling like they have been beaten and left for dead, and my regulars who come in for good service, a mediocre comedy routine, and if they're lucky a bit of generic corporate music karaoke and dance and their favorite reason of all....I remember their names, each and every one. The dance moves are only included towards the end of the week. The more I work, the crazier and more shameless I get!

So, to wrap it all up, I have just completed 7 nights in a row and will knock out night 8 tonight. I will celebrate my first true day of freedom with a long nap, some cocktails, and The New York Dolls in concert! I am so excited I could crawl out of my skin...

Remember folks, the 9:30 show is never the same as the 7:30 show and don't forget to tip your waitress! If you don't she might put phenolphthalein in your drink so you have a punishingly wicked case of the squirts.....

2 comments:

IISGirl said...

Gotta love those weekends!

I love your blog, it always makes me laugh.

I'm sure you don't want to relive pharmacy school, but check out my blog if you'd like!

http://irritableinternsyndrome.blogspot.com/

--Irritable Intern Girl

Anonymous said...

woohoo! To another 7 nights at the "w"..can't wait for my three weeks off after my next week of work.