We bring the FAST and laughs to pharmacy.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Last Minute Gift Ideas When Everything Else Is Closed

It's time for those last minute Xmas gifts because you didn't want to shop with the crowds at the mall, you waited too long for Amazon.com to ship Drug Monkey's book before Xmas, or you had an unexpected gift, or you just plain left someone off your shopping list. Here are some ideas from McDruggie's to bring holiday joy to those you love.

*Gift cards for mediocre chain restaurants like Applebee's and Red Lobster

*Cameras that use 35mm film because they are one of the few places that still carry it.

*35mm film for the aforementioned cameras for family members that fear the future of digital photography.

*Cha Cha Cha Chia! Chia pets.

*Clap on! Clap off! The Clapper.

*Digital photo frames for those who embrace technology.

*Sony Blue-ray DVD player for those who don't own a Playstation 3.

*A speaker set or radio to plug an iPhone or iPod into for listening enjoyment. This is also a great gift for pharmacy employees who tire of hearing the same 50 songs and ads over and over and over and over...

*Candy, candy, candy.

*Liquor because "Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker!" (disclaimer: only some stores have an actual liquor department, other stores only carry beer and wine)

*Tons of Toys! (Be sure to buy some extra toys for Toys for Tots! Some kids may not get presents otherwise and what a crappy Xmas morning that would be.)

*Kleenex, hand sanitizer, antimicrobial hand soap, etc for your favorite germaphobes.

*Illicit Drug test kits for nosey/concerned parents of teenagers.

*A breathalyzer for your favorite alcoholic.

*Laser pointers for your cat or squeaky toys for your dog.

*OTC medications for all your sick relatives.

*Flu shot gift cards.

*Shake Weight! You've seen the commercials now own the legacy!

*Anything from the As Seen On TV collection.

and I saved the best for last...

*It's a pillow, it's a pet, it's a pillow pet! (Yes I have been psychologically damaged by hearing that ad on the muzak over and over and over to the point I can't help but make it my greatest and last recommendation!...stupid suggestive selling ads...)

13 comments:

was1 said...

Is that the same shake weight that was featured on South Park? Here's some money for cab fare.

Just a little snarky said...

When I first saw the TV ad, I thought the Shake Weight was a marital aid.

Anonymous said...

Fuck. The. Fucking. Pillow. Pets.

That is all.

Anonymous said...

OMG! f*ING PILLOW PETS!!! I hate that commercial, it is annoying and my coworkers love to sing it! Plus, they play it in the store every 10 minutes....

TiredRPh said...

I almost peed my pants with the South Park episode.

Anonymous said...

I wish Pillow Pets would finally meet their rival, the Brillo Pet, and battle to the death.

Anonymous said...

It's a pillow! It's a pet! It's a pillow pet! That commercial has been slowly destroying my brain all season long. Damn you muzak! I even bought one in hopes that appeasing the jingle gods would stop the torture...no such luck. Maybe my purple unicorn needs to be burned on the altar of annoying crap I hear at work.

Big 'N Tasty RPH said...

I have sold a pillow pet and two snuggies....what next? plastic plants....

Anonymous said...

I actually bough a pillow pet after hearing the same ad over and over and over.... I ironically like it, but the ad is killing my pharmacy staff's desire to live.

Unknown said...

Even I have sold my German shephard. Whats next?

Big 'N Tasty RPH said...

I can't wait to see what advertisarial torture the muzak has in store for us in 2011....I am sure it will be a doosy!

Big 'N Tasty RPH said...

I am almost willing to bet the next muzak ad will be for Pajama Jeans......

Apinya Wong said...

i hear ya on the pillow pets. i worked a few graveyard shifts before christmas, and i swear they play that ad every 5 min at 2 am!!!!

and yes, i'm a weirdo that's reading your old posts since i also work at the same mcdruggie chain haha.