We bring the FAST and laughs to pharmacy.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

I could not stop laughing this morning for about 30 minutes.

I had an elderly gentleman call because he was afraid we gave him the wrong medicine. He usually got the "roundish" Quinapril 10mg but this one looked different so he was wanting to know if it was the right med.

I asked him to describe it to me. He said it was a brownish color. I asked him if it was shaped like a long slender OTC Ibuprofen tablet. He said it looked like a turd. Yes, he actually said the tablet looked like a miniature version of his morning constitutional. Mind you it does kind of resemble something that came out of a rat with serious intestinal problems (small, reddish brown, elongated, thin, yeah--rat turd)

You can't make this stuff up. It really happens... A special thanks to the person(s) at Apotex that designed this tablet. You have given me a great laugh and I know some of you will open a bottle and muse at its fecal resemblance....sick little monkeys....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a matter of fact, they do look like a miniature turd. We had a couple come to the pharmacy demanding a different generic quinapril because it looked like fish food. Apparently, they have some sort of fish pond and didn't like the idea that they were taking a pill that looked like the food for their fish. So now we have two generics sitting on the shelf, one just for them...with their name on it.

Phathead said...

I always though buspirone looked like turds (although not colored right) because of the way its scored. Kinda looks like the cracks on a turd... god I'm thinking too much about this right now...

Lala!! said...

Hi as a patient with a lot to say you might like to read my blog for a few more laughs...and a lot of reading ahead of you! Would be interested in your comments on medications...when you get there you will see why!

Thanks for your hilarious blog........a patient with a GSOH too!

www.mypeggypeg.blogspot.com

oh and dare I say this on this post..don't forget to say you've visited when you visit my blog! Comment mod in place though..and ALL ages read the blog as lots of children have PEG's!